Shopify is a great tool for e-commerce businesses to set up their shops. No matter how you sell your products, whether it’s your own website or brick-and-mortar store, Shopify offers support for establishing your brand and promoting your product.
Shopify unites a huge community of more than 500,000 businesses, offering entrepreneurs various guides and master classes. However, the ways and tools you use to promote your business on Shopify are left for your consideration.
Luckily, with the rise of social media, sharing information and promoting your services has become much easier. There are various social media platforms to do it, but Instagram has proven to be the most effective, providing 25% more customer engagement compared to social networks like Facebook or Pinterest.
Having an Instagram account for your Shopify business can be very beneficial. To help you out, we’ve singled out the best 3 ways to sell on Instagram for Shopify and to use it as a marketing platform for your business.
1. Build up the army of followers
Once you’ve created a separate independent account for your business, the thing you need to consider is increasing the number of your followers. You can use either organic or paid follower building, as both of them are considered equally effective. Organic followers building includes sharing content, whereas paid pattern includes cooperating with a platform to help you promote your business.
No matter which way you choose, establishing a big base of followers is a must for a modern-day business. Especially if you sell on Instagram for Shopify, you need all your followers to be aware of and share information about your Shopify-based business.
So what are the most effective ways to build up the army of followers? Let’s take a look at some of them.
- Using the right hashtags. There’s a number of hashtags that are currently trending on Instagram, such as #instagood occurring in 704 million posts, and #photooftheday with 478.6 billion posts. Browse the trending hashtags to put them under your Instagram posts and attract more people to the products or services you offer.
- Identify your location. Finance experts in the field of marketing say that sharing your location with your followers makes you more locally recognized and increase the number of potential customers.
- Bring out your posts at the right time. To engage more followers you’ll need to identify the time when they’re active the most. Use online tools like Iconosquare of Plann for scheduling and Instagram analytics.
2. Improve your content
Instagram is all about the visual content. Instagram has become popular due to the engaging and inviting features the visual content. That is why, if you sell on Instagram for Shopify and promote your business better, improving your content is a must.
Like any content on social media, video content requires special attention in order to advertise your services more effectively. Here are 3 basic things you need to know about visual content on Instagram:
- It should be of a high-quality: it goes without saying, that if you want to sell on Instagram for Shopify, all the visual content you’re posting, including photos, videos or even live streams, should be of a high quality. You followers should see a clear picture of what you want to promote.
- It should be edited using the right filters. Instagram offers a variety of filters, but not all of them work for promoting your Shopify business on Instagram. The most popular Instagram filters include Lark, Juno, and Clarendon. Using black-and-white filters is a mistake. The filter should accentuate the prominent features of your product.
- Don’t overwhelm followers with your content. Instagram has recently allowed the users to post a series of photos and live streams, including live stories. But posting too much content may overwhelm your followers, as it might seem like you’re trying too hard.
Now let’s take a look at some tools to help you improve your visual content:
- Over: perfect tool to create inspiring visual content. It offers many filters and video editing tools to make your Instagram content more engaging.
- Canva: one of the most popular tools for editing visual content. It is targeted at specific audiences, from students to large corporations to help them adapt their content to their specific needs.
- Magisto: this tool specializes in video content and also comes as an app on Android and iPhone. It helps create all types of video content, from simple photo displays to HD movies.
3. Connect Instagram and Shopify
Let your followers know about your business on Shopify through Instagram. Both platforms offer a variety of ways to share various links. You may choose one of the following:
- Place the link in the description under your posts. Just make sure that the link isn’t too big. You can use Google URL Shortener to compress your links.
- Put the link in your Bio. If you don’t want to overwhelm your followers with the link to your Shopify account under each post, just mention that they can find it in the Bio on your Instagram account.
- Buy plug-ins. For the users who want to sell on Instagram for Shopify, there’s a variety of plug-ins to connect Shopify and Instagram accounts.
Sell on Instagram for Shopify
Instagram is the most popular and effective platform for promoting your business. So if you want your Shopify business to stand out, this is truly the best option for you to benefit from.
Lucy Benton is a specialist in digital marketing and content writing who currently works at college paper writing service. She focuses mostly on the worlds of technology, gadgets, and the Internet. If you’re interested in working with Lucy, you can find her on Twitter.